Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Una adventura...AKA Spontaneity

I've recently decided that my life needs more Spontaneity. That's one of the reasons I came to Madrid, to become more carefree. Well, maybe it's the relaxed atmosphere or that fact that I am more than 4000 miles from home and no one knows me here, or maybe it's my roommate Jen. It don't know, but today Spontaneity definitely happened-with a capital S.

Here's what happened:

(Me and Jen sitting on our beds, computers on, and just talking)
Me: Wow, we've already been here for two weeks!
Jen: Two weeks? What? So why I am sitting here in this room?
Me: umm....
Jen: Want to go to Madrid?
Me: Sure!

Both of us jump up, get ready in about 7 minutes, and within 20 minutes we're on a train into Madrid, and 30 minutes or so later, we're walking around the Puerta del Sol. The whole time I kept thinking, "We're in Madrid!" I was actually really impressed that we went by ourselves...



We totally rocked the Metro, too, by the way. We didn't get lost, and we didn't get robbed. Go us.

Also, there's this market called the Mercado de San Miguel that has EVERYTHING. It's super overpriced, but we walked by the candy/chocolate section and just had to get truffles!





She kept asking me to take another and another because she didn't think they turned out well. Well I'm just gullible or a blonde I guess because I didn't notice she was making weird faces.


I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment